Android 2.3.3 Proxy SettingsDecember 7th, 2011 | Posted by in Android Proxy Apps
Some Android phones and devices do seem to support proxy servers in version 2.3.3 of Android and onwards into 2.3.5, and perhaps even in earlier versions.
Confirmed working on:
- HTC Wildfire S – Stock ROM
- HTC Desire HD – Honeysense HD 8
- HTC Desire – LeeDroid 5.1.1
To set these up use the following instructions…
- All apps
- Wireless & networks
- Wi-Fi Settings
- Press the Menu button on your phone
- Click on Advanced
- Wi-Fi proxy – Wi-Fi proxy related settings
- Click Enable Wi-Fi Proxy
- Enter the Wi-Fi proxy host
- Enter the Wi-Fi Proxy port
In my own testing I have found this is not flawless. For example Opera did not browse the web with a proxy set in this way, but the standard Internet browser did. I also found that Market worked but would not download apps.
Comments are very welcome if you can confirm or deny these settings. Please specify what your device is and what version of Android.